Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Capenhurst 5k

Race: Capenhurst 5k
Time/Position: 16:59 (13th from 187 [2nd v40])

Apart from a couple of plodded 5k races in 2006, including this one, I'd never raced at the distance before. It was also my first road race for several months, certainly my first short road race since April, so I was surprised and pleased to feel quite good throughout and to record a decent time after a summer running and racing on the hills (inevitably, I recorded a huge pb). Conditions were good, and this is well known as a competitive and fast race, which all helps. I slowed slightly between 3 and 4k, before picking it up well towards the finish when I realised sub-17 was on the cards. Only just made it! Won the v40 prize, which was pleasing on this fairly prestigious race, although in reality the 2nd runner overall was also in the category.

No comments: