Sunday, September 23, 2012

Barrel run

'Race': Colomendy Barrel Run
Time: 14:54
An informal novelty event organised by John M from the Collie, involving a deep river crossing, the painful transportation of an awkward beer barrel and some appalling smelling running clothes. After a rather long (7 mile!) warm-up out towards Rhydymwyn, I acted as guinea pig for the race proper as I had to get home early. The route was a lot of fun, down towards the steps from the pub, across the Alyn (fairly deep after lots of rain) before picking up the beer barrel at Loggerheads. John had helpfully left the stopper out, so ancient vinegary beer trickled down my ear and into my remaining hair as I hoisted it on to my shoulders. The smell was quite repulsive, so I rapidly shifted tactics and held the barrel in front of me for the rather public run up the main road to Cadole and the pub!

No comments: