Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bwlch y Moch climbing

Crag: Craig Bwlch y Moch, Tremadog
Routes: Kestrel Cracks (VS 4c:sec)
Over a year since my last trip to Tremadog and the weather this evening was exactly the same as it was then. The usual pattern is to head here for good weather, but drizzle turned to steady rain as I arrived at Eric's. We had very little time, so Vic suggested heading up to Kestrel Cracks, which I've done before and know stays reasonably dry. As I've done very little climbing this year, I seconded him up the steep but juggy groove which leads to a strenuous back-and-foot move over the little bulge at the top. It was all fairly dry, but steady rain at the stance made the second pitch an unappealing prospect. It's not as good anyway, so we abbed off and retired to the Ship in Portmadog for refreshments.

No comments: