Thursday, August 22, 2013

Clogwyn Cyrau climbing

Peak/Crag: Little Buttess, Clogwyn Cyrau, Betws
Routes: Ifan (VD:sol), The Groove (VD:sol), Sian (VD:sol), Siencyn (S:sol), Eliminate Start (VS:sol)
Being time-squeezed when climbing is not an uncommon experience for me, but this was an even shorter window than usual. Kate and kids had fizzy drinks in a Betws cafe, giving me less than 40 minutes to run up to Clogwyn Cyrau, do a few routes, and pelt back down through the forest. A beautiful day of warm sunshine, so I just nipped up a few familiar and very easy routes. That said, I don't think I've done Ifan before so did it first: a little groove just left of the enjoyable arete. The others were all good fun, nice to be in the shade but still rather humid. I took a little variant up the wall of Siencyn, then a long bouldery traverse of the wall to the right of the Eliminate Start, before running flat out back to Betws and taking the family on a long walk up to Miner's Bridge.

No comments: