Saturday, June 17, 2017

Chester Parkrun

"Race": Chester Parkrun (5k)
Time/Position: 17.58 (2nd from 247 [1st V45])
The ultimate contrast with Ennerdale this time last week. The hottest day of the year and a flat, fast 5k. I haven't done any speedwork for several months, so expected to struggle, and did. The heat didn't help much, but at least the suffering is short lived and it is, after all, only a 'timed run'! My last Parkrun here was in torrential rain on April Fool's day, and the elements were against us again today but in a very different way: the heat was already building - well into the mid 20s - as we set off as usual at 9am. Elliot from Buckley took the lead, and I tried to stay with him as long as I could. He finished a few seconds ahead, and I struggled a bit over the cross-country section on the second lap. A valuable speed session, however, and a Parkrun PB (by 3 seconds) for me: although still over a minute slower than my 5k PB!

No comments: