Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Up the Beast fell race

Race: Up the Beast fell race (7.5k/2000ft)
Time/Position: 42.08 (8th from 79 [2nd V40])
Tired after a day climbing on the slate, I didn't really feel up to this as I arrived with just a few minutes to spare. But it is probably the only race that I have done every year since it started, perhaps 10 consecutive editions, so I felt obliged to continue the tradition! Unsurprisingly, my time was a couple of minutes down on last year, and even further down on my best times a few years ago, but I didn't feel too bad and ran a reasonably good tactical race. It is always a hot and humid race, particularly the airless second climb back to Bryn Alyn, but this year took the biscuit: pouring with sweat throughout the race. I gradually worked my way through the field and just about managed to keep it going for the 'new' finishing route through the Maeshafn woods.

No comments: