Friday, June 02, 2017

Kingussie climbing

Crag: Kingussie, Badenoch, Central Highlands
Routes: Little Wall Direct (VD:sol), Finale (VD:sol), Classic Crack (D:sol)
On the way back from a family trip to Loch Garten, I had an hour spare in Kingussie for complex logistical reasons, so jogged up to the crag I'd visited on Tuesday. I did some bouldering and took in a few routes I'd missed last time. The main task was to find the side wall of the lower tier, which contains a classic easy romp up an obvious slabby crack. I eventually found it, nicely positioned above the valley, and scampered up the route: very simple, but delightful, and reminiscent of Ordinary Route on Idwal Slabs. I jogged back to meet K and E, and we enjoyed a pleasant walk round Kingussie's own miniature stream valley, and a walk through the woods, before fish and chips completed another excellent week in the Highlands.

No comments: