Saturday, March 05, 2022

Wrexham XC

Race: Wrexham XC (North Wales XC league race 4/North Wales champs)
Time/Position: 33.42 (24th from 112 [2nd V50])
Although I was a minute down on almost all previous appearances on this course, I felt I had a decent, controlled race today. It may have changed, but only very slightly (I was amazed to find it has been eight years since I last turned out at Wrexham). It is one of the flattest of all XC courses, four big, twisting laps of the Morgan Llwyd playing fields. After a tooth extraction yesterday, I was pleased to feel pretty good but just concentrated on keeping a decent pace turning over. Due to the pandemic, a decision was made to combine this final fixture with the North Wales championships, which I always try to do. I finished second in the champs, and on the day, but first V50 in the league season (my previous best league position being third V45 on two occasions) based on the races at Treborth, Oswestry and Wrexham.

No comments: