Sunday, September 25, 2022

Farndon 10k

Race: Farndon 10k
Time/Position: 35.54 (6th from 351 [1st V50])
A last-minute decision to do this as a final sharpener before London, hoping that decent recent form would allow me to dip under 36 for the first time in a few years. It did, but only just, and I was rather disappointed in the performance, being unable to hold my early pace. I was hanging on for the entire middle section of the race, essentially, all very different to Vyrnwy last week. I went off a little too fast, perhaps, and the positions were sorted within a mile. There was no way I could catch the two in front, and I ran the entire race in isolation, again unlike last week. I have never found it a particularly fast course, and don't enjoy the uphill drags, regardless of how mild they are. Around 6k I felt I might blow completely but just about held it together and had a slightly better finish. I was rarely comfortable, however, and it didn't feel like a good performance (time puts me 10th V50 in the all-time north Wales rankings).

No comments: