Friday, September 02, 2022

Deeside ORGP

Race: Deeside ORGP (race 4)
Time/Position: 24.54 (3rd from 54 [1st V50])
Although I was fairly confident that the V50 series win was sewn up, I initially thought I might be in with a chance of the overall series win (by default, that is, as you have to do at least three races to count). I was wrong, as it happens, but it meant that I went much harder than I had intended to, with the VB half marathon coming up on Sunday. As with the previous two races, Jez and I were neck and neck, and pushed each other on nicely. Two other runners were out in front, and the route was taken anticlockwise this time. I moved into third just after Hawarden Bridge and stayed there around the meadows to the finish, although conscious of being pushed the whole way. A good session and a great series, but possibly a little too close to Sunday for comfort. I think I finished second overall in the series, first V50.

No comments: