Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Druid race

Race: The Druid fell race (5m/1200ft)
Time/position: 36:01 (10th from 84)

A shortened route for this, the opening race of the Clwydian summer series. I think it's my fourth running of the event, definitely a favourite, albeit a little too fast for me! But a lovely route and the usual relaxed, friendly atmosphere. A reasonable evening after a wet day, too. My first short race for a good while: I didn't climb particularly well, especially on the steepest bits, which was a bit disappointing. The altered route went along the rim of the hillfort, rather than the usual dip down to Penbarras, and I was part of a trio heather bashing up to the easier path, which lost a little time. Then a reasonable descent, passing two immediately, but couldn't quite catch the next group and ended up a second or two behind Neil and another runner.

No comments: