Sunday, May 27, 2018

Mynydd Myfyr race

Race: Mynydd Myfyr hill race, Trefonen (4m/500ft)
Time/Position: 24.18 (8th from 50)
I knew I would suffer on this short race, having done no speedwork for months, but I also knew it would do me good with a couple of team events coming up as a break from the ultras. I'd never done it before, although I have done most of the events that take in the hills of the Oswestry hinterland: always very pleasant. This was no exception, as it leaves Trefonen up lanes and tracks to take in a longer loop round to the top of the miniature mountain of Mynydd Myfyr (the race remains on the 'English' side of the border throughout). From here, it descends through fields and lanes back to the finish outside the village pub. Warm and humid, although we avoided the thundery showers passing through.

No comments: