Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Carneddau run

Peaks: Drum, Yr Orsedd, Foel Ganol, Foel Dduarth
Area: Carneddau, Eryri
A dull and drizzly morning, yet again in this dire May. But by the time I got away, late morning, it was beginning to clear and I even got a bit of a tail wind for this most familiar of trips. It is always an excellent outing, much better as a run than a walk as it is one of the longest continuous climbs in Snowdonia - at least 8k from the A55 (47 minutes from the bridge to the summit of Drum). I did a little loop around the summit as the mist cleared Foel Fras, but sadly my time was limited so I headed back - but took the wonderful ridge over to Yr Orsedd to vary the descent. This has always been a great favourite of mine, and the clearing weather led to crystal clarity and wonderful views over the deep blue sea below. I avoided the tarmac on the descent by heading towards Llanfairfechan and back round via the A55.

No comments: