Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Wirral MT series, Arrowe Park

Race: Wirral MT series, race 4
Time/Position: 26.38 (21st from 414 [1st V50])
Of the four Wirral races, this is the one I have done most often. There is no beach running on this one, and nothing particularly memorable about it, but I always really enjoy it - pelting through the dark, wet woods and trying to save something for the draining playing fields. It is two long laps of Arrowe Park and I was in a real battle for first over 50 in the series. This meant an extra dimension to what is always a fast and exciting final fixture, and it was all thoroughly enjoyable. I managed to pull away at the top of the playing fields on the last lap and held on for a frantic finale. Perhaps my second or third fastest time on this course, which is pleasing. Not sure about the final series placings: it might have been a tie for first V50 place.

No comments: