Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Conwy-St Asaph

This was my original idea for last year's virtual London marathon. Covid rules put paid to that (I did my Flintshire W-E instead) but the idea was still lurking, and as I am behind (as ever) with the marathon training I felt at least one 20 miler was in order. It worked well at a pretty slow pace throughout, with last night's race in my legs. The route went over the bridge to the Junction, then up the undulating Pabo Lane to cross the A55 to Mochdre. In Colwyn Bay I headed straight down to the prom, and stayed right next to the sea all the way to Pensarn beach. This was superb, because the weather had improved throughout the day and it was a beautiful afternoon next to the deep blue sea. Through the middle of Abergele, and then the obvious flaw with the horrible Rhuddlan road. I walked along the verge for safety before heading off down the much quieter lanes to Bodelwyddan and direct down to St Asaph (2.5 hours/20 miles).

No comments: