Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Wirral MT Series, Wallasey

Race: Wirral MT Series (Race 3)
Time/Position: 25.20 (21st from 412 [2nd V50])
A new experience for me after nearly 600 races, being jumped on the line by an age group competitor, almost certainly losing the series in that one moment! I missed the first race, but was comfortably ahead of the next V50 in the second race at Thurstaston. Although a little tired tonight after the half marathon, I was going fairly well and didn't even think to check my position until I was passed literally a few metres before the line, losing by one second. I've only done this particular fixture once or twice before: it is memorable, involving a long haul across the beach in both directions, with a lengthy dune running interval. The finish feels like the Sahara desert: you can see the banners over a mile away, but that flat expanse means it feels like forever to actually get there.

No comments: