Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Wirral MT Series, Thurstaston

Race: Wirral MT Series (Race 2)
Time/Position: 29.46 (17th from 360 [1st V50])
After its Covid-related cancellation last year, the Wirral multi-terrain series is back. I missed last week's opener, due to my Offa's Dyke wanderings, but it was wonderful to be back at Thurstaston tonight. I've done this particular fixture at least five times and always enjoy it, with the sun setting over the Dee estuary (particularly spectacular tonight) and the long haul over the soft sand and boulders of the beach contrasting with the flat speed of the Wirral way. I felt tired on the warm-up, but ended up having a good race, catching Jez on the second lap and then having a fine old battle along the Wirral Way back to the finish. I won this series as a V45 five or six years ago, so it was nice to finish first V50 tonight in a big field, although it remains to be seen whether I can keep it up for the next two races.

No comments: