Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Foel Lus

Race: Foel Lus (3.5m/290m)
Time/Position: 27.48 (24th from 150 [2nd V50])
This is the only one of the Tuesday evening Snowdonia series I have ever done, running 26.36 in 2017. I must have been on a good day, as I was over a minute outside that this evening despite feeling reasonably good. It is a cracking little race, up the tracks from Capelulo's Fairy Glen, then heading fairly direct for the distinctive top of Foel Lus via the eastern path (up in less than 15 minutes). I then had a good descent down the south side and along to the Jubilee Path which contours above the A55 and which I was really looking forward to, hoping to benefit from road speed. It went fairly well but I got temporarily stuck behind two runners so couldn't really capitalise. They then inevitably went past on the descent (which replicates the outward left) and I took some bad indirect lines, one in particular caused me to lose a fair amount of ground before the very fast finish back down the track to Capelulo.

No comments: