Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Spring 5

Race: Chester Spring 5
Time/Position: 28.41 (31st from 354 [2nd V50])
I've never particularly liked doing back-to-back races, but at least these two were both short. I would certainly have preferred it the other way round, with this time-sensitive one first! The Spring 5 is a bit of a local classic, it's been going for years and I first did it 15 years ago. That said, I've never found it particularly fast and my course PB is only 28.46, run the last time I did it in 2013 when I should have run far quicker. As a result of all that, I was pleased with this performance. A very fast start after which I consciously eased off for the undulating Picton Road. Turning left along the farm lanes has often slowed times in the past, as the lanes gradually climb, but today I felt fairly strong and - although slowing - maintained a decent pace to the finish to record an unlikely 'course PB' by 5 seconds!

No comments: