Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sandstone trail return

Another attempt to get a bit of mileage in my legs on another beautiful April morning. An easterly crosswind kept temperatures comfortable and it was all very pleasant as I set off on the familiar tracks north through Delamere from Gresty's Waste. The idea was to keep a decent pace going until the Sandstone Trail monument (start/finish point) in the middle of Frodsham, feed, then wend my way back slowly via a loop round Tarvin Road. This worked fairly well, although my pace even at the start was nothing to write home about. I always particularly enjoy the section from Alvanley to Beacon Hill, and did so today - all very tranquil in the verdant greenery of spring. A quick descent down to Frodsham, a large serving of chocolate milk, then the loop round back to the Ridgeway and the return leg. Back at Gresty's Waste, I hadn't covered enough ground, so ran slowly down to Willington and back - a fairly hilly section through forest, green lanes and sunken paths - to bring the distance up to 21m or so.

No comments: