Sunday, April 10, 2022

Tattenhall 6m

Race: Tattenhall 9.7k (Border League race 6)
Time/Position: 35.20 (30th from 242 [1st V50])
This felt like perhaps the best performance of the BL season for me, certainly in terms of the time in relation to my previous course PBs, which I'm unlikely to match. I'm fairly sure I have never run sub 35 on this course, which is just under 10k but not the quickest, with its sharp climb towards the the Peckforton Hills: so this wasn't too far off my best (unless the course has changed, and I don't think it has). I know the course well, and the key to it is saving something for the triple climb. I went off fast on the Burwardsley road then deliberately eased off for Dark Lane, saving something for the climb which then begins immediately. I always forget quite how steep this gets for a little while on Harthill Road. I have always enjoyed the descent from Burwardsley, and did so today, and then felt encouragingly good for the last mile, a false flat which has often seen me blowing in the past. A 66 point lead in the V50 category now. 

No comments: