Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Capenhurst 5k

Race: Capenhurst 5k
Time/Position: 17.00 (27th from 310 [3rd V50])
This has always been something of a blue-riband local event, although it has become more competitive over the years. I ran 17.04 on this course in 2012, 17.07 in 2017, and 16.59 in 2010 - so this was very much on trend! I was breaking in the new Alphafly shoes, probably not ideal over a short, twisting course, but they served me pretty well as I felt OK over the very familiar course. My splits were pleasingly consistent although a 3.19 final kilometre suggested I may have been able to squeeze a little more out, and it was a very competitive veterans field! The finish is marginally downhill, and it has always been a fast course, but Mid-Cheshire (now my PB) is definitely even faster.

No comments: