Friday, March 05, 2010

Dash in the Dark fell race

Race: Llandegla Dash in the Dark race 3 (4m/750ft)
Time/Position: 29:30 (2nd from 20)

Deja vu here, in that I started off in the lead, just as I did on the second race a fortnight ago. However, within a few hundred metres the young winner of race two sped past me and went on to win comfortably. Some icy patches slowed the descents through the forest, and the lakeside path was rather boggy. But this time I took the new variant through the reeds and heather, within inches of the water, which added a minute to my finishing time. Another difference was that this time I was pushed all the way by Paul S, but pulled away slightly on the final climb to finish second again. Also picked up a prize for second place overall in the series. As ever, a really enjoyable event.

No comments: