Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mold Border League

Race: Mold 5.2m (Border League round 5)
Time/Position: 30:39 (35th from 232)

My return to racing after almost three months out following the injury. As such, this was always going to be a struggle, particularly as I'd only managed two short intervals sessions by way of preparation. Quite pleased with the time and finishing position. I was 18 places down on the first two races, but it could have been a lot worse. The climb to Nercwys went well - this route is always difficult to judge, as you lose too much ground if you start too cautiously. I was then hanging on a bit for the second half, lacking speed endurance, and was passed by 4 or 5. The final false flat to the finish was pretty desperate, definitely felt lack of training here. I am currently 2nd v40 overall in the league, after 5 races, but won't be able to do the remaining events so won't retain the position. Still feel a lot more comfortable off-road.

No comments: