Friday, May 16, 2014

Clwydian race route

An attempt to link various fell race routes into a longer training circuit, ostensibly to check on the condition of the forthcoming Hotfoot race - which I've taken over the organisation of this year. It was also hopelessly late last-minute training for the Jura fell race (in 8 days time!), so a tad worrying as I struggled on the climb up Moel y Gaer after the descent from Penbarras (Hotfoot up Famau route). Superbly clear evening views over Snowdonia compensated, and I felt better for the ridge along from Famau over Dywyll (now following the Llangynhafal Loop route). From the end of this section, I descended the bridleway towards Cilcain (Clwydian fell race route), then contoured along to descend the normal Collie route. I met Huw et al, and we then ran back up to the top of Famau (Collie classic route!), then down to Penbarras and my car. A lengthy but slow outing.

No comments: