Saturday, May 03, 2014

Llangynhafal Loop

Race: Llangynhafal Loop fell race
Time/Position: 45.01 (4th from 84)
The final climb on this race is always pretty desperate, and so it proved again - my first proper fell race since early November and perhaps my sixth running of the event. Nice running contouring the vale at the start leads to Nant y Ne and a long, but gradually uphill (and therefore draining) run to the base of the infamous gully. Nowhere near fit enough to run up this at present, so just concentrated on staying close to 3rd placed Neil from Ambleside. At the summit of Famau, he took off - and I lost even more ground on the descent and the fast running along the ridge to Moel Dywyll. I resigned myself to 4th place and wasn't caught, but slowed considerably on the desperate final climb. The final descent is steep, but grassy, fast and always exciting! Nice event, very well organised by Huw this year.

No comments: