Sunday, August 21, 2016

Birchwood 10k

Race: Birchwood 10k (Warrington)
Time/Position: 36.59 (29th from 1012 [4th V45])
As the family enjoyed combining this race with an Ikea visit last year, it seemed a good opportunity to repeat it. But having blown up very badly over the last 5k and recorded my slowest 10k time for years in 2015, I started very slowly this year, conscious that I never do speedwork (or road races) over summer and so can't hope to hold any kind of pace. This worked reasonably well, and I enjoyed the race more this year: but my finishing time was inevitably slow given the plodding pace, only marginally better than 2015. Very well organised race, which goes past the front of the Warrington campus at one point. It has never seemed a particularly quick course to me though, with lots of twists and turns, and a few long drags.

No comments: