Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Llanrug 5k

Race: Llanrug 5k (North Wales champs)
Time/Position: 18.02 (18th from 193 [1st V50]) 
This was a somewhat experimental outing, for various health-related reasons, so it was pleasing to at least start off well at a decent pace. I had never done the route before so opted for it ahead of the Beast on the same night (which I have done many times). The fast start (3.25km pace) gives way to tiny lanes, uneven surfaces, and a few hills - all of which meant that times were down on where I might expect to be at present. Much more undulating than Capenhurst, for example. It was a nice course though, on a truly beautiful evening. After completing a triangular loop, a fast descent leads to a ramp which cost me sub-18, my entry-level standard for the evening. Still, it felt like a decent session and it was nice to win my category again in the 5k championships (I was also 1st V50 in the Covid-era virtual 5k champs and 1st V45 at Ffrith 5k champs in 2016).

No comments: