Monday, June 05, 2023

Tryfan scramble

Peaks: Tryfan
Area: Glyderau, Eryri
The head was willing to take advantage of the perfect conditions but the post-race legs, regrettably, were not. So I contented myself with a short scramble and a long stay on the summit, drinking in the views which continue to be remarkably clear in the northerly airflow and blocked high pressure. Up the very familiar short-cut path to the gully leading to Heather Terrace, and then located the start of Nor Nor gully from memory. I've done this a couple of times before: a lovely little I/II scramble which takes four clean little walls on the left of the gully itself. At the top of the tricky last one, a hidden quartz slab on the left gains the upper gully after which I weaved left up unfamiliar territory (more good scrambling) to emerge at the North Tower. A lovely stay on the summit, superb clarity in all directions, then down to Bwlch Tryfan and the direct descent down the scree to Cwm Tryfan.

No comments: