Sunday, June 04, 2023

Llyn Brenig race

Race: Llyn Brenig Trail (9.5m)
Time/Position: 60.44 (5th from 87 [1st V50])
The perfect weather continues, so I should probably have worn road shoes for this 'trail' loop, which I last did 12 years ago. I ran sub-58 minutes on that occasion, but the course was slightly different, from memory. Now, it starts and finishes at the visitor centre end of the dam wall. I went off a bit too fast, meaning I paid a price as the flattish lakeside tracks give way to the rollercoaster path section along the far northern shores of Brenig. I remember this as the crux of the race from my two previous runnings of it all those years ago. I struggled a bit on the hills, rarely feeling particularly comfortable, but I was reasonably secure in 5th place (miles behind the top four though). I kept it steady rather than fast on the return leg along the western shore.

No comments: